What’s the purpose of your business highlights?
Your highlights are a tl;dr of your campaign (Too Long; Didn’t Read).
Your goal is to show investors that your company has what it takes to succeed.
Length 100 characters maximum per highlight
What to include in your highlights
Have you built something people want? → Include at least 2-3 traction highlights (even if you’re pre-revenue). What’s your best proof that you can execute? → Include 1-2 highlights about your team’s unfair advantages. Why now? → Include your best evidence that the opportunity is real. What makes your company special? → This could be product differentiation, intellectual property, notable partnerships, a moonshot mission, a strong community, a memorable founding story, or any other facts that have elicited people’s excitement.
Ways To Highlight Traction
5 ways you can present highlights on your traction (in order of most to least powerful):
- Growth Highlights
- $3M run rate in just 5 months, growing 20% MoM
- Doubled investment volume and revenue each year since 2018
- $1.52m revenue run rate with 387% average annual growth rate
- Revenue Highlights
- $10M in revenue booked in 2021
- $12M cumulative revenue, GAAP profitable last year, bootstrapped until now
- Retention Highlights
- Astonishing 96% repeat clients rate
- Industry-leading retention rate of 60% annually
- Direct-to-consumer sales boast a 84% returning customer rate
- Customer Highlights
- The average power-user works 38+ hrs each week using [Company]!
- 18 million+ [Company] [Product line] delivered globally
- Social Proof Highlights
- Partnership with Facebook, HTC, & Microsoft, rolling out to millions of AR/VR users!
- Featured in Forbes, Huffington Post, PopSugar, Business Insider & Fast Company
- “A genius device.” -Forbes
- Backed by venture capital firm [Capital Firm Name] whose LPs include [Bill Gates] and [Jeff Bezos]
Ways To Highlight Your Team
4 ways you can present highlights on your team (in order of most to least powerful):
- What gives your team an unfair advantage in this space?
- Previous exits from the founding team
- Unique expertise on the problem
- Blue-chip brands in team’s past experience
- Previous Successes
- CEO previously built $100M co without VC capital
- CEO sold last company [Company Name] to Amazon & has scaled companies to 1 billion users
- Unique Expertise
- We’re a team of world leading experts in gene editing, immunotherapy, and veterinary oncology.
- Co-founder is a clinical herbalist, adaptogen expert, & was Sr Herb Buyer @ Celestial Seasonings.
- Blue Chip Name Dropping
- Team from Google, Microsoft, YC, & top Andreessen-Horowitz-backed startups.
- World-class leadership team from Apple, Tesla, Nike, Intel & IDEO
- Founding team are MIT, Syracuse and Carnegie-Mellon alum
Other Highlight Ideaws
5 more ways you can present highlights on your company:
- Future Growth
- Launching in Europe in fall of 2022
- Operating in 5 states currently; expected to launch in 12 states by 2023
- Market Expertise
- Market leader. 40% market share in [Industry] over 2022.
- Mission Driven
- Zero waste warehouse, 100% solar powered manufacturing, 100% sustainable supply chain.
- 1,236 lbs of ocean plastic retrieved via [Company Name] plastic-neutral partnership.
- Public Benefit Corp for sustainable supply chain, compostable packaging, & changing lives.
- “About The Product”
- Users have 5 virtual screens + a virtual whiteboard in a distraction-free private virtual office!
- Certified organic products with zero sugar and no artificial flavors or impurities.
- World’s first mind-controlled arm restores basic sense of touch AND individual finger control.
- Market Size
- Total Addressable Market (TAM) of $173B and 53M adults in the US alone.
- Taking on the $465B global coffee market; featured in Bon Appetit & Rolling Stone as leading coffee alternative.
- Positioned to disrupt the fast-growing $800B physical disability market.